2 tbsp. pasture butter
1 oz. dried shitake or porcini mushrooms, ground fine
1 yellow onion, sliced thin
1 lb. beef short ribs
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
½ cup beef broth
- Heat some pasture butter in a skillet and brown short ribs. Remove and add onions to the drippings to caramelize (brown), followed by apple cider vinegar and beef broth. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Roll short ribs in ground mushrooms and place in slow cooker. Top with onions and drippings.
- Braise for 4 hours on high.
- This recipe works great with pot roast as well! Simply replace the short ribs with a 2 lb. roast.
- For the mushrooms, purchase them dehydrated. These can typically be found by the fresh herbs in most grocery stores. You can use a food processor or coffee grinder to pulverize them.
*This recipe can be used with pot roast or pork belly as well!