Gradually eliminating these foods and focusing on a "base" diet will decrease inflammation in the body, especially the gut:
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Soy & processed soy products
- Dairy such as milk, yogurt, creamer, cottage cheese, ice cream,
- cheese (not including real butter) UNLESS it's pastured.
- Toxins such as artificial colors, sulfites, nitrates, preservatives, etc.
- Vegetable oils such as canola oil, corn oil and soybean oil
- Carbonated beverages, soda & diet soda
- Fried foods
- Processed lunch meats
What is a "base" diet?
A base functional diet provides a structural framework for you to clean up your current diet. The foods we will use have been selected because they are nutritionally dense, meeting your body's needs while simultaneously eliminating the most inflammatory foods.
It provides a starting point from which observations and identification of food intolerance can be more easily made. It just helps us note the effects of individual foods to help you decide whether they are problematic or not.
Start with a menu like FODMOP to help eliminate trigger foods: